Better health for all women, trans and non-binary people through research equity, excellence, and inclusion.
Enable knowledge creation and mobilization to benefit the health of women, trans and non-binary people across the lifespan.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES: OUR VALUES
Excellence, collaboration, equity, promotion of inclusivity and diversity, accountability and sustainability.
WE WORK TOGETHER TO:
- Advance EXCELLENCE in research and knowledge mobilization and provide training guided by the best science.
- Promote and support EQUITY, INCLUSIVITY and DIVERSITY in all aspects of research and the research enterprise.
- Ensure ACCOUNTABILITY and COLLABORATE to achieve SUSTAINABILITY.
- Leverage our resources to further national research and promote evidence-informed practice and policy to benefit women, trans and non-binary people from coast-to-coast-to-coast and around the world.
- Be a leading voice and champion for research that includes biological and socio-cultural sex and gender-based analyses and considers how these factors intersect with other social categorizations.
- Increase training and mentorship opportunities for trainees and researchers at all career stages.
- Support networking of health researchers.
- Mobilize knowledge to improve health behaviours and medical practices, cultural safety, and policies that affect health.
- Advocate for increased funding.
The Partnership for Women’s Health Research Canada uses the term women to refer to all people who identify as women. We use trans and non-binary as umbrella terms to refer to people with a wide range of gender identities that are different from the gender they were assigned at birth.
This is a living document and we welcome feedback. For more information or to provide input, please contact email@example.com